Current status: A planning application was submitted by Persimmon in March
Action required: Please object now
- Letter of objection to use as a guide (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Yatton Parish Council letter recommending refusal
- Letter from PACT
- Photo gallery
16/P/0888/F Full planning application for a residential development of 83 dwellings with supporting infrastructure and enabling works including new vehicular access with Moor Road, public open space landscaping and drainage infrastructure on Land off Moor Road Yatton
You can also email your objections to the Case Officer – Lee Bowering – and these will get added to the to the online case file.
Objections: Click on the links for further detail…
- Outside the settlement boundary and insensitively located
- Surface water drainage and flood risk
- The negative impact upon site ecology and the surrounding area
- The character of the gateway approach to Yatton will be lost
- The density and type of development proposed
- Adjacent to Grade II listed building
- Community facilities already at capacity – e.g. school places, medical services, etc., overcrowded local train service
- Housing developer Persimmon wants to build up to 83 new homes on the Grange orchard (off Moor Road) and the adjoining land leased from Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) to Yatton RFC for use as junior training pitches… until the lease expired on 30 April 2016.
- On 1 April we learned that Persimmon submitted an application to NSC on 21 March. The case file did not appear online until 20 April.
- On 30 July 2015 we were alerted to a page (since removed) on the Persimmon website, which asked people to ‘register their interest’ about the Moor Road development (“Strawberry Fields”).
This page was last updated on: 31 May
Every care is taken to keep the information on this page accurate and up-to-date. Please notify us if you believe any information to be inaccurate or inappropriate.