Current status: Granted outline planning permission in July 2014; Reserved Matters application APPROVED on 21 October 2015.
Planning application no. 14/P/0191/O and 15/P/1498/RM
- Granted approval on 21 October 2015.
- On 14 October NSC informed us that Bloor 1 would not be going back to P & R Committee. “Agreed with local member (Jill Iles??) that we will use officer delegated powers.”
- This is just the first phase of a potentially much larger development – see phase 2.
- You can also view photographs of the site in this Landscape & Visual Appraisal [PDF] prepared for the developers.
- On 2 September, the Council’s Highways Dept commented on a number of concerns that it had with Bloor’s Reserved Matters application…
I recommend that the applicant be asked to provide further information/detail on matters I have raised above. Until such time as this information is received and subject to it satisfactorily meeting the requirements of Highways and Transport, I am unable to make a formal recommendation for approval.
- North Somerset Council’s Planning & Regulatory Committee considered an application to build 150 houses on land off Arnolds Way on 9 July 2014. Bloor Homes was granted outline planning permission after a named vote:
For the Motion (18)
Bob Cook, Elfan Ap Rees (Deputy Leader), Peter Bryant, Jan Barber, Mary Blatchford, Mark Canniford, Peter Crew, Bob Garner, John Norton-Sealey, David Pasley, Dawn Payne, Lisa Pilgrim, Ian Porter, Terry Porter, David Poole, Arthur Terry, Clive Webb, Liz Wells;
Hugh Gregor, Richard Tucker
- Annabel Tall wrote on her website…
At P&R (planning and regulatory committee) last night [9 July 2014], Bloor Homes were granted outline planning permission for the development at Arnolds Way. There were over two hours of debate, and Jill [Iles] and I both spoke at great length on your behalf. There was a named vote. We both voted against the proposal. The final vote was 18 [in favour] 8 [against], with 2 abstentions.
Every care is taken to keep the information on this page accurate and up-to-date. Please notify us if you believe any information to be inaccurate or inappropriate.